Valentine's Champagne & Raspberry Cupcakes {Recipe}

14:00


With Valentines Day only a couple of days away, it was a necessity that I came up with a romantic themed cupcake! I love all things romantic and I love cupcakes, and I wanted to create a cupcake that was different from what I'd done before. So this recipe uses ingredients I haven't really used before and a method that I've still not quote perfected yet, due to not have a candy thermometer. So please welcome my:

Valentine's Champagne and Raspberry Cupcakes
- Champagne cupcakes with Raspberry liqueur buttercream and tempered chocolate hearts -

Recipe:

Cake Mix:
115g Butter
112g Caster sugar
2 Eggs- beaten
225g Self-raising Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
120ml Champagne (I used Cava)

Buttercream Frosting:
150g Unsalted butter (room temperature)
300g Icing sugar
45ml Raspberry Liqueur
Purple Food Colouring Gel

Decoration:
100g Dark Chocolate

Makes 12



Method:

Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 7/200C/400F
Place cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray.

1.Break up about 75g of your chocolate and add to a ceramic or metal bowl. Boil a kettle, add the water to a saucepan and place the bowl on top. Slowly stirring the chocolate with a plastic spatula until it is all melted and reaches 41C. Take off the saucepan and add in your remaining chocolate, stirring in until it melts and the chocolate cools to 38C.
2. Lay out a sheet of grease proof paper or asitate. Put the chocolate in a piping bag and pipe out as many little hearts as you can, or whatever romantic design you want. Originally I wanted to do little arrows to do through the frosting, but I didn't cut my hole small enough in the piping bag.
3. Once you've done your design, put your chocolate shapes in the fridge while you make the rest of your cupcakes.



4. Add your butter to a bowl and cream a little so that it softens. Add in your caster sugar and cream together.
5. Beat together your eggs in a jug, then add into the butter and sugar slowly and mix.
6. Sift in your flour and mix in a bit at a time.
7. Once your flour is mixed in, add in a teaspoon of baking powder and combine.
8. Add in your champagne, there will be a little bubbly reaction, but don't worry it won't erupt. Mix in well.
9. Evenly divide your batter between your cupcake cases.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how good your oven is. Take out and allow to cool.




11. In another bowl, add your unsalted butter (at room temperature) and cream a little.
12. Sift in your icing sugar a bit at a time.
13. When you have reached a stiff consistency, add in your raspberry liqueur and mix, do a little taste test, you can decide if you want any more in, but I would wait until you've added the colouring.
14. Add in your purple colouring gel until you the shade you want. I had to use a combination of red and blue gel colouring, as once again I was convinced I had a colour that I didn't have in the end. 


15. Put your frosting in a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes.


16. Take your chocolate hearts out of the fridge and gently peel off the grease proof paper and place on your cupcakes.



I really really really loved these cupcakes. Dan's Mum even thinks I have surpassed my lemon surprise cupcakes, which is saying something! And I love how pretty these cupcakes photos turned out!

So if you want to make a romantic gesture why not make these for a loved one!

Also, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful boyfriend, Dan! 

So, remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe