Why I Love Christmas

17:00


First of All:
Merry Christmas!

I feel like I've been waiting for ages for Christmas to start. I've seen the Christmas Coke Advert three times before today, which is very frustrating! But Christmas as now officially started as we have our Advent Calendar up (although all our other decorations aren't going up until the weekend)! So I thought I would share some reasons why I love Christmas.

Getting Fat
I know, I know, it isn't really an excuse to give up a healthy lifestyle, but I don't care, it is Christmas and I shall enjoy eating massive roast dinners and a daily dose of advent chocolate, and lots of Christmas baking!

All the Decorations
I absolutely love all the decorations, in the house, on the streets, in the shops, just everywhere, it's just so pretty and puts me in such a good mood. I can't wait to go Christmas Shopping with all the pretty lights on. I'm not going to start wrapping my presents until the tree is up so I can do it with the twinkly lights on and a Christmas movie/music on!

Novelty Clothing
It's not something that I tend to wear, my Christmas Jumper has reindeer shapes that are knitted into it, which I love, although I do want another one so I can alternate. But I do love all the novelty ones available, one of my friends from collage had a Christmas pudding hat, which was fantastic!

Everyone Makes An Effort
It's the one time of year when everyone makes just that little bit more effort; relatives travel from all over the country or at least call to see how everyone is. I mean my relatives live in the UK, but Dan's Dad is coming over from America for Christmas! I can't wait to see everyone, I haven't seen most of my relatives since my 21st (with maybe a few short visits in between)! There is also more effort with meals, generosity, and so much more, everything is just so much nicer at Christmas!

Mulled Wine
There are a range of Christmas drinks available to drink at this time of year (post coming soon), but one of my favourites is Mulled Wine, it's so warm and comforting. One of the things I love doing is going to the pub while it's all prettily decorated, wrapped up in nice snuggley clothes, sitting in a comfy chair drinking a lovely warm glass or maybe a couple of glasses of mulled wine

The Smells
I think we can all agree pretty much everything at Christmas smells fantastic! Ginger, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Pine Cones, amongst hundreds of other smells. It could be your Christmas flavoured latte, or candles, or those smelly bath gifts you get every year. And if you go into Lush you are sure to be bombarded with the sweet smell of Christmas.

There is also loads of crafty things to do, but there'll be a post with some DIY inspiration soon!

I know Christmas can be a stressful time, it's expensive and hectic, but you just need to make the most of everything, enjoy spending time with your family, enjoy the yummy food, enjoy your gifts and make sure you say thank you!

Once again; Merry Christmas!

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe