Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcakes {Recipe}

16:00


Now that the countdown for Christmas has begun it's time to start some Christmas baking! So I thought I would start us off with a nice chocolatey but festive cupcake!

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
-Chocolate and orange vest cupcakes with Orange flavoured buttercream and a Terry Chocolate Orange Slice-

Recipe:

Cake Mix:
115g butter
112g caster sugar
2 eggs
225g self-raising flour
35g coco powder
100ml milk
vest of 1/4 orange

Buttercream Frosting:
300g icing sugar
150g unsalted butter (room temperature)
Orange Gel Food Colouring
Juice of Quarter Orange

Decoration:
12 Slices of Terry's Chocolate Orange

Makes 12

Method:

Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 7/200C/400F
Place cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray.

1. Add your butter to a bowl and cream a little so that it softens. Add in your caster sugar and cream together.
2. In a jug beat together your eggs and add in to your sugar and butter mix and combine.
3. Sift in your flour and mix in a bit at a time.
4. Add in your coco powder and milk in a bit at a time, alternating and mixing.
5. Grate your quarter orange and add the vest to the cake mix and combine.
6. Even divide your batter between your cupcake cases.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on how good your oven is, it took mine closer to 35 minutes, because our oven is never as hot as it is meant to be). Take out and allow to cool.





8. In another bowl, add your unsalted butter (at room temperature) and cream a little.
9. Sift in your icing sugar a little bit at a time. Once you've used all the icing sugar add in your orange colouring gel until you get a shade of orange that you like, (I had to do mine with a combination of yellow and red colouring, as I was convinced I had bought orange colouring, but it turns out I hadn't).
10. Now add in your juice from your quarter orange, you can add a little more if you want the taste to be stronger, but you may need to increase the amounts of icing sugar and unsalted butter you use.


11. Once your cupcakes have cooled you can add your orange butter cream to the top, I decided to use a piping set to get a pretty effect, but it's up to you how you put it on.
12. If you decide to use a piping set I've found it's easiest to set up your nozzle of choice and place the piping bag in a tall glass and hold the top of the bag around the edges of the glass while putting in the frosting, saves me a lot of faffing about and a lot of split frosting.


13. Now add your Terry's Chocolate Orange Slices to the top. And enjoy eating the remaining slices, yay!



I was a little bit concerned about these cupcakes, because when I was making them I took some batter to my boyfriend to try and he said they didn't taste good and that the consistency wasn't the same as it usually was. But I held on to my hope and they turned out really really yummy. I took some in on the first day of my newest placement and everyone loved them!

I hope everyone is looking forward to my other Christmas Baking Recipes!

Coming Soon!

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe