Vodafone Fashion Weekend

17:23

On the 17th September 2014, I left Liverpool at 23:30 to start travelling towards London so that I could experience something that has been on my bucket list for a very very long time. 
I'm talking about the Vodafone Fashion Weekend!
(The event runs from Thursday-Sunday, I went on the Thursday- just to make sure the goody bags didn't run out).
At £50 per ticket we were able to experience a trend catwalk show, a designer catwalk show, we received a goody bag, and had access to lots of designer pop up stores.
I apologise for the Quality of the images, but they were walking rather quickly and I only had my iPhone with me.
There were 4 trends to the show we watched; One and Only, Candy Crush, Jungle Fever and Fairy Tale Ending.

One and Only
"Pick your favourite colour and stick with it! It's all about a confident take on colour, with teamed separates in the same shades creating head-to-toe looks. Play with proportion and texture and go for pieces by Roland Mouret and 3.1 Philip Lim to mix up this minimal trend."








Candy Crush
"Pastel shades permeated the autumn/winter collections, with lovely lilacs, powder pinks and baby blues leading the way. It was a grown-up approach look to structured silhouettes, sharp tailoring and elegant sportswear by Simone Rocha, Acne Studios and Helmut Lang."








Jungle Fever
"There was a tropical storm on the catwalk this season thanks to an abundance of lush hues, exotic motifs and tribal prints! Brave the wilderness with the earthy tones and animal prints by Isabel Marant, Antonio Berardi, Alexander Wang and Ostwalk Helgason."








Fairy Tale Ending
"An enchanting spell was cast over the collections this season, with designers looking to their favourite fairy tales for inspiration. Get the happy-ever-after you've always dreamed of with floaty gowns, delicate details and embellishment by Oscar de le Renta, Badgley Mischka and Roberto Cavalli. Add a dash of leather for a tougher edge."









My favourite trends were definitely the One and Only trend, I loved the deep luxurious colours and the tailored pieces, if I had the money I'd definitely be buying 2 piece sets of tailored pieces of the same colour. And Fairy Tale Ending, I have a soft spot for floaty, delicate and pretty pieces, and the idea of adding a tougher edge is something I would encourage; my baby face doesn't really allow me to dress plainly prettily without looking like a school girl. But a bit of leather helps add a bit of grudge. At the moment I just tend to wear my knee higher leather boots and my boyfriends old leather jacket!

Although there is another Fashion Weekend in February (right around the time of my 21st Birthday I think), I ever much doubt I'll be able to go; it means taking time off work, spending lots of money that I don't have, and leaving my boyfriend again (I most certainly did not enjoy being away from him!). So maybe, I'll just need to make it an annual thing, because sometime I do forget how much I love fashion, you know, when there is just too much work to enjoy it! But seeing these amazing catwalk shows definitely reignites my passion for the fashion industry.

I hope you find these images/outfits as inspiration as I do.

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe