Dolce & Gabbana {Designer Day}

12:17

Spring Summer 2012
Ready to Wear

Inspiration for this collection has come straight from the roots of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana; the picturesque summer times in small Italian towns, specifically during the 1950s, which I think is evident in the style of the long swing skirts and cute bralets. Their backgrounds are also shown through their use of colourful street lights hanging from the ceiling of the Metropol venue.

This entire collection oozes Italian style 50s glamour!
(Which is entirely the reason I chose to share it with you today, to celebrate me going on my holiday on Friday.)

What I really love about the collection is the prints used for the 'day time' looks- The massive eggplants, zucchinis, tomatoes and chilli peppers that you would find at the town outdoor market make their way on to the clothes, it's so different and has been copied by designers from Topshop to Primark. The patterns are emphasised by the use of vast amounts of fabrics for the full skirts, but the prints are also used on fit-and-flare dresses, midriff baring bralets, pencil skirts and play suits (perhaps inspired by the swimwear of the 1950s).

The evening wear features lace dresses and their signature corsets decorated with colourful crystals. Although big crystals aren't usually my style I think the evening wear has a playful elegance to it, and in that sense I prefer the black dress to the white, as it's looser; more mysterious and free. What I really like about the collection is the transition from day to night; the dresses start getting darker and more transparent, adding a sexy but sophisticated edge. My favourite piece of the collection of the sheer like dress with an eggplant print, allowing you to see the bralet and high waisted shorts beneath it. I think this piece represents well the contrast of the playful and darker glamour, while still highly influenced by the 50s, I like the darker edge to the 1950s glamour.





And remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe