Bakewell {Camping}

19:03

A couple of weeks ago I went camping with some of my family members, it was pretty much a girls holiday except for my little brother and the dogs.
So I thought I'd share some photos and tell you a bit about it.


When we first got there it was raining...a lot, so I might have stayed in the car a little longer than I should have done, it was rather lucky that my Auntie had already put up one of the tents. And when it came time to put up the awning I showed great knowledge and expertise, although I hate caravaning! But anyway, the next day the weather was somewhat nicer, so we decided to go to the cute little town of Bakewell, where, guess what, they make really good Bakewell Tarts and Bakewell Puddings. There were lots of cute shops, my favourite one that I found was called Elliot Rose, which is where I found that cute Poppy covered Candle Holder, however it was £10 and I couldn't afford that, I'm not sure where we would have put it in the house anyway, maybe on my desk, if I ever find one that doesn't cost a bomb!


The next day we went to Poole's Cavern, and oh my god, it was very cold inside, and me being me, stupidly left my jacket in the car; it is a constant 7 degrees C as it's underground, which means in the "olden days" people would come live in the caves during the winter because it was warmer than outside. The cavern is named after John Poole, an old age criminal, who was to be arrested for flashing; not flashing as it's known today, flashing was taking bits of silver off coins to form a new coin, I'm pretty sure it was punishable by death, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, he ran away, taking refuge in the caves, they found 4 flashed coins on him when they found the body, and today they have his "grave" marked.


On one of the days we took the dogs for a walk in the grounds of Chatsworth Manor, it was really beautiful, but I was shattered by the end of it. I swear that Chatsworth Manor was used in the new Pride and Prejudice movie, but I haven't watched recently, so who knows? 
(Those two little figures you can see in the photo of the old mill, the one of the left is my little brother).



In general I had a nice time, although I definitely wasn't a fan of the weather, we had at least 2 thunder and lightening storms and I really really hate them, everyone kept asking me if I was okay, and I just nodded, trying to fight away any tears that might have given me away. It was especially horrible because Dan usually hugs me during storms and he wasn't there, because it's not like I already missed him or anything. 
I missed him like crazy.
But I made sure I got him a couple of little presents. And then he has to go and outshine me, by buying me three presents while I was away; a mars bar (I'd been craving them), a bunch of flowers (they were lovely, one carnation is still alive) and the entire Harry Potter Film Series; so I was completely outshone!
(As I'm trying to write this, he keeps trying to lick my face! We have a dog, I don't need him doing it too!)

I have decided that after camping, I really don't like camping, so if I got to Bakewell again, which I'd quite like to, I will be staying in a B&B or something!

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely messages

  1. These photos are making me miss the UK!! Love the last line ' So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little' AMEN! Now I just need to remind myself of that on a daily basis. lol!

    Elizabeth
    The Bradleys

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe