Fun Times With Chocolate

15:54

As I have now broken up for the Easter Holidays hopefully I shall be posting more often. The lack of posts is due to the last week of college just being completely crazy and I am very sorry! But I shall make it up with this lovely post about a chocolate cake.
But this is no ordinary chocolate cake...Oh No...It is a Teddy Bear Chocolate Cake.
Because what a better way to entertain one of your siblings than with a Teddy shaped cake.

Ingredients-
Cake:
3 Eggs
1 Cup of butter (softened) 
162.5g (1 cup) Caster Sugar
125ml  (1/2 cup) Milk
177.5g  (1.5 cup) Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1tbsp Cocoa Powder

Topping:
150g Cooking Chocolate
1 Cup of Butter (room temperature)
1/3 Cup thickened Cream
1 Cup of Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Method:
1.
Preheat oven to 160C.
2. 
Grease your cake tin with a thin layer of butter (in our case a teddy shaped case).
3.
 In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy.
4. 
Add milk, flour, vanilla extract and cocoa powder, and stir to combine. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or just whisk it (like we did) until it's light and fluffy.
5. 
Pour the mixture into your cake case and bake for about 20 minutes to begin with, if it's not cooked thoroughly continue baking at 4 minute intervals.
6. 
Once it has been removed from the oven allow it to cool on a wire rack. It must cool before being iced.
Topping
7.
Combine the chocolate and half of the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. As the mixture begins to melt, reduce the heat, making sure you stir it constantly until it's completely melted. 
8. 
Remove from the heat and add the cream, stirring to combine it. Leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
9. 
Combine the remaining butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract and stir until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine. 
10. 
Add to the top of your cake and decorate appropriately.
And Enjoy!






Abs looks so unbelievably sweet here, what a little trickster, but anyway she loves the cake! We are yet to try it, as she's said we have to wait for our parents to get home. But as I'm writing this, she is continuing to eat the remaining icing from the bowl, cheeky thing. We are all awaiting eagerly to eat the cake! All I can say is the batter tasted very yummy, so hopefully that means the cake will too!
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe