Fishtail Bracelet {DIY}

11:30

This of all I shall say that I have had to put this on auto-post, so I really hope it works. The reason for this is, this DIY is a bracelet I have made for a friend, which he is receiving today (Saturday), so on the slim chance he may actually check my blog I couldn't risk posting it on Friday; he knows he is getting a bracelet, he just doesn't know what it looks like and I know when this posts itself he won't be at home so he can't check, oh the genius!!! 
He asked me to make him a bracelet when he saw one I had made for myself from some scrap material I had after I made a skirt. I didn't think he'd want one that was quite so feminine, also this one is just a simple plait not a fishtail plait.


So anyway, here we go:


You will need:
1M of leather cord (your colour choice)
1M of leather cord (again, and again your choice of colour.
2M of coloured thread
A lighter


1- 
Tie a knot with all your threads included to create a loop. There is 2M of thread included because it's too thin on it's own so I doubled it over. Made sure the strands coming off the loop are the same length.




2- 
Split the strands so there is 3 on each side. Then start your fishtail.


If you don't know how to do a fishtail, I'll attempt to explain: 

3- 
I've started it off a bit here, you will have 3 strands on each side, then starting with the left side, take the strand at the top and pull it over to the other side, keeping all the strands taut. 

  
4-
You then take the top piece from the right side and cross it over to the left side.


5- 
Carry on doing this until you've got to the length you want your bracelet.


6- 
Once you've have your desired length, tie a knot to seal the plait then tie a thicker knot that will be the stopper (type thing) to be put through the loop to create the bracelet. Then cut off the remaining thread/cord, then lightly burn the edges of the cut thread to stop from fraying. 


The reason these aren't cut off is because I still need to measure the bracelet against his wrist, so I'll be doing that at his house, then he can have his bracelet.
Voila 
It's simple really, but I'm rather proud of it; not as chunky as I wanted it to be, but the cord was limited; never mind.
Anyone else have any nice bracelets they have made themselves?
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little.  

You Might Also Like

5 Lovely messages

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Luckily he liked it as well. =)
      xox

      Delete
  2. you should do a post about your shoes/heels! love to see your shoes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to, just haven't got round to it yet.
      xox

      Delete
  3. ahh please do! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe