Birthday Card Collage {DIY}

11:03

Okay, I know this isn't the most original idea, but I had all of my birthday cards just hanging around in one of the gift bags that one of my presents came in. Usually my cards just get shoved away into a draw and generally forgotten about. But we all must admit, that you're 18th is a pretty important birthday, so I wanted to create a way that would constantly remind me of a brilliant birthday.
This may really be too easy to need a tutorial for, but oh well. Also you may need a trip to Ikea, but I love any excuse for a trip there. Is it just me that does this? But I run (okay, maybe not run, but walk) around the bedroom department opening all of the wardrobes trying to find Narina?



Anyway you will need:


A glass frame with clips
Birthday cards!

1. 
Unclip the glass from the frame.
2. 
Carefully remove the glass.
3.
 Arrange your cards on the back. You could do this on the glass, but you wouldn't be able to see the cards (so being silly that's what I did, then flipped it over and made alterations).
4. 
When you are happy, replace the glass onto the frame.
5.
 Carefully flip over and put the clips back on. It is now ready to hang.


I went on the Ikea website to try and find the photo of the original frame, I know for a fact that it where my parents got it from when I had my new room done 10 years ago! I've had this room for a decade; gosh
However I couldn't find them, but these are smaller examples, so hopefully you know what I'm on about now when I say glass frame. Also mine came with a special little thing on the back for hanging it up onto screws, I wouldn't be confident hanging it up if it didn't.



First of all, I think it's rather funny that you can see my reflection in the glass, hopefully that won't distract too much from the pretty photo of the daises by Caroline Purday. As much as I love this pretty picture, I just felt my room needed a change, I'm sure it won't be the last time I wake up to this photo; it'll be back one day.


This was the finished product. Unfortunately some of the cards slipped slightly when I was trying to put the clips back on; they kept popping off and it was driving me insane! But I finally got it done. Anyway, I'm quite proud of my little collage. These can also make great gifts when filled with photos. =D
I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow, seeing all my cards and remembering what a lovely birthday I had.
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe